Thursday, June 16, 2016

starfish and coffee

maple syrup and jam.
I am always trying to make my own life more beautiful and wonderful. by noticing the nice things in it. In my own strength for my own ends. not honestly acknowledging the God who put all of them there. resting in my own ability to notice the nice things instead of resting in his great grace to give them.
But truly I cannot make my own life any more beautiful no matter how hard I try. I can only uncover the beauty God has already put there. My life is as beautiful and as wonderful as I can possibly stand it. But I persist in this bad habit of only searching for the gift and not the giver. Ugh. How prodigal am I.

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows." James 1:17
"The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly." John 10:10
"He who did not spare his own Son but gave him up for us all, how will he not also with him graciously give us all things?" Romans 8:32
Image result for starfish and coffee

No comments:

Post a Comment